Wilson Parris Post 8600, Gadsden Alabama
Post Membership meeting minutes, Dec 12, 2015
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The Post General Membership Meeting was called to order at 18:06 by Commander David LaPoint.
Opening prayer give the Sr Vice Commander Johnny Holmes. Salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of our nation by all Present.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
10 present, 2 absent, 7 excused
READING OF APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
John Wayne Doise, transfer for post 3700, Harold D Whaley trasfer from at large, Brandon Alexander new member. Motion by La Point and Seconded by Holmnes to accept. Motion Passed,
Minutes read by Quartermaster Alex. A motion was made and seconded that the August General Membership minutes be accepted.The motion passed.
- Quartermaster: Report of Funds as of 11/30/2015 was given by Quartermaster Alex and is subject to audit. Commrade Holmes asked how the Karaoke money collected for the Auxillary. Quartermaster Alex explained the process. Balances below:
A motion was made and seconded by saunder/holland that the report be accepted, subject to audit. The motion passed.
- House Committee: Report on canteen operations for previous 4 week since last meeting. Average weekly deposit was less than the $2,000/week range with means we're losing money.
- Canteen Sales Deposit: $5,366.50
- Dance: $42
- Pulltabs: $1,240.00
- Total Donations: $1,795.39
- Total Deposit: $7,161.89
- Bids on mowing lawn, Weed Cut awarded.
- Will request funds under new busines to fix sewer pump installation
- Comrade in Distress:
- Reading of Correspondence: Read and discussed General Order 2015#4.
- Mid Winter Conference
- Program Deadlines
- Door replacement, Got quote, $350 door, but $299 shipping. On hold
- Connect two exterior cameras on front of building and add another Camera in canteen area. Open.
- Building committee needs to form their plan for remodeling the old bar area before bringing pricing to membership. Electrical and plumbing will need to use licensed contractors.
- Smoking area patio/cover. Tabled, but still looking for better Temporary solution
- VIN for Christmas. Veteran with two sets of twins (5 and 7 years old). Motion made by Holmes to donate $50 for each child and $100 for food. Motion second by Saunders. Motioned passed.
- Christmas bonus for Bartendars and Manager, $150 for bardendar and extra $100 for manager. ($450 total). Motion by Alex, seconded by Holmes. Motioned passed.
- Lawn Service. Weed Cut, $80 month + $20 for occasional chemicals. Motion was made and seconded LaPoint/Alex and passed.
- Repair sewer pump, estimate $300. Alex/LaPoint, pased
- Poker table, up to $150, Alex/LaPoint pased.
- Holmes made motion to pay dues for 6 members so we can be over 100% ($180), seconded by Alex and passed.
- Pay delegate fee for 3 members (Johnny, Dave, Ray) for mid-winter conference ($150), motion made and passed.
GOOD OF THE ORDER
- Comrade Holland asked about mid winter convention, he will be on.
- Post 97.4% membership.
- Commander LaPoint was awarded commander of the month
- District meeting Feb 7th at Boaz, 1pm
- Try to contact unpaid members and get them to pay, or help them.
- Raffle, .223 rifle for incoming home commander home coming.
Comrade Holmes gave the closing prayer.
Meeting ajorned at 19:00hrs.
Meeting closed for business by Commander La Point at 19:15