Wilson Parris Post 8600, Gadsden Alabama
Post Membership meeting minutes, Jan 12, 2016
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The Post General Membership Meeting was called to order at 18:10 by Commander David LaPoint.
Opening prayer give the Sr Vice Commander Johnny Holmes. Salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of our nation by all Present.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
16 present, 6 absent
READING OF APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Minutes read by Quartermaster Alex. A motion was made and seconded that the December General Membership minutes be accepted.The motion passed.
- Quartermaster: Report of Funds as of 12/31/2015 was given by Quartermaster Alex and is subject to audit.
A motion was made and seconded by saunder/holland that the report be accepted, subject to audit. The motion passed.
- House Committee: Report on canteen operations for previous 5 week since last meeting. Average weekly deposit was slightly less than the $2,000/week range with means we're losing money.
- Canteen Sales Deposit: $6,562.25
- Dance: $213.00
- Pulltabs: $2,090.00
- Total Donations: $3,377.22
- Total Deposit: $9,910.97
- Comrade in Distress:
- Reading of Correspondence: Read and discussed latest General Order.
- Mid Winter Conference
- Officer Changes to State
- Etc, Etc
- Door replacement, Got quote, $350 door, but $299 shipping. Update can get new door and frame, but cost about the same. On hold
- Connect two exterior cameras on front of building, looking for missing extensions. Another Camera in canteen area. Open.
- Building committee needs to form their plan for remodeling the old bar area before bringing pricing to membership. Electrical and plumbing will need to use licensed contractors.
- Smoking area patio/cover. Tabled, but still looking for better Temporary solution
- Fund raiser for SMA moved to March 5th. We just approved donating the Post for benefit. no cost but expect some Bar sales.
- March 4th First Friday set up booth for membership and Buddy Poppy's.
- Approached Garret Gentze to have a Dart Tournement Labor day Fri, Sat, Sun. Looking for flat rate. Proposed $1500, $300 retainer. Machines move in $700. $500 at end. Looking for Bar sales and maybe food. Turnout, no way to know but could be up to $4000.
- Dave talked to 2760 about sharing Buddy Poppy sales by splitting pot and pooling resourses.
- Need 3 unpaid members to reach retention goal of 75%. $90 alex/holmes, carried.
- Holmes requesting up to $3000 for rewards for PP, VOD, Teacher etc. Vote next month.
- 2 year Trustee Gardner's position declared vacant for missing 3 consecutive meeting.
GOOD OF THE ORDER
- Comrade Holland reported on his visit to the Vietnam Memorial.
- Comrade Holmes presented Commader LaPoint streamer from national for obtaining 100% membership.
- Commander LaPoint was awarded commander of the month in Dec for forth straight month.
- Comrade Holmes report on some State and Post Stats
- District meeting Feb 7th at Boaz, 1pm
- Community service reporting problems. (Expand)
- About to lose Stevenson Post.
- Officer vacancy problem.
Comrade Holmes gave the closing prayer.
Meeting ajorned at 19:15hrs.
Meeting closed for business by Commander La Point at 19:15