Wilson Parris Post 8600, Gadsden Alabama
Post Membership meeting minutes, Feb 9, 2016
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The Post General Membership Meeting was called to order at 18:10 by Commander David LaPoint.
Opening prayer give the Sr Vice Commander Johnny Holmes. Salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of our nation by all Present.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
14 present, 2 absent, 4 vacated
READING OF APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Minutes of 1/2016 read by Quartermaster Alex. No corrections made to January General Membership minutes and minutes will stand as read.
- Quartermaster: Report of Funds as of 01/31/2015 was given by Quartermaster Alex and is subject to audit. I Profit/Loss report was also Distributed for current year ($1,000.59) profit.
A motion was made and seconded by noojin/holmes that the report be accepted, subject to audit. The motion passed.
- House Committee: Report on canteen operations for previous 5 week since last meeting. Average weekly deposit was slightly less than the $2,000/week range with means we're losing money.
- Canteens sales have dropped over the last two years from $2,500 to less than $2,000 ($1,300 last week)
- Canteen Sales Deposit: $5,379.75
- Dance: $182.00
- Pulltabs: $902.00
- Total Donations: $1,825.14
- Total Deposit: $7,204.89
- SMA Fund Raiser moved to March 12th.
- Made contact with City of Gadsden to do have table at first Friday in March. Paper work sent to City.
- Made presentation to Garret Gentze for for Dart Tournament in
- Request at Lowes for buddy poppy drive for memorial day.
- Talked to 2760 about combined Buddy Poppy drive. They want to stay separate. Dave contacting our usual locations.
- Last day for Band on March 13, DJ will take over.
- Comrade in Distress:
- Reading of Correspondence: Read and discussed latest General Order.
- Door replacement, Got quote, $350 door, but $299 shipping. Update can get new door and frame, but cost about the same. On hold
- Connect two exterior cameras on front of building, looking for missing extensions. Another Camera in canteen area. Open.
- Building committee needs to form their plan for remodeling the old bar area before bringing pricing to membership. Electrical and plumbing will need to use licensed contractors. Did ask a contractor if feasible to reverse bar and open to back room, doable but cost and time.
- Smoking area patio/cover. Tabled, but still looking for better Temporary solution.
- Still have not payed dues for 3 members authorized last meeting.
- 2 year trustee position vacant, Will Campbell nominated by Holmes, noojin seconded , vote passed.
- Yahtzee rules changed so that you can roll after any purchase on monday to friday (no before 6 after 6). Sat and Sun before and after 6 kept because of dance and karaokee. Motion by alex second noogin. passed.
- Need volunteers to work door for Saturday dance, rotating duty roster, can swap and whatever. Marice said he'd try.
- Money for awards for PP, VOD and teacher discussed, but was approved in November for about $2,000. There was some discussion on the support of the programs from the state (money), and the current state of the applications. Tighten up belts next year. Possible have teacher screen submissions to weed out the submissions.
- Johnny suggested we order some pens to give out for recruiting efforts. Will add to unfinished business.
GOOD OF THE ORDER
- Comrade Holland reported District meeting, National talking of removing Alabama Charter, won't do it, but a past State commander and Quartermaster under indictment for theft of over $600,000. Current staff has relieved a number of Post Officers all over state for theft. Huntsville post closed for over $2 million dollars missing. Huntsville Charter removed.
- Will Campbell installed as Trustee until the end of the year by Comrade Holmes.
Comrade Holmes gave the closing prayer.
Meeting closed for business by Commander La Point at 19:20