Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive
Gadsden, Alabama 35901
Post Membership Meeting Minutes
October 11, 2016
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting Opened at 6:05 PM by Commander LaPoint. Opening ceremonies conducted. Chaplin Maurice Sanders gave opening prayer and Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: Before and business, Eagle Scout Andrew Gowens gave a presentations on his Eagle Scout Presentation
- Roll Call of Officers: 13 Present, 1 Absent (Spraley - moving), 2 Excused (Wilder, Bozeman).
- Petitions For Membership: No New Applicants. Transfer coming in form Georgia, need to finish paperwork.
- Distribution and reading highlights of previous minutes approved after collection that 3 officers were excused by Comrade Shelly.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements given and discussed. Comrade LaPoint made motion to accept Q.M. And seconded by Comrade Holland to accept Report, subject to Audit.
- Comrade in Distress: None.
- Committee Reports were given and Approved.
- Canteen report given by Quartermaster, slightly below average month.
- Walgreens will conduct Wellness Clinic before the next meeting. Much discussion on when to have it.
- Veterans Christmas Party should be here is year. Will discuss with 2760. (hold)
- Next meeting Nov 8th is Voting date. Vote early
- Comrade Holmes reported on building committee about cost of a commercial appraisal. $30,000 is going rate. No way! If we decide to sell facilities will do by owner, as is.
- We need help to take care of door for dances.
- Reading of official Communications: General Order #4 was read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion.
- Unfinished Business: None new, but continue discussing on possibility of selling building and moving to new facility. Will continue to search for information and suggestions on how we can proceed. There are repercussion if we move out of the City on where we can solicit donations.
- New Business:
- Good of the Order: Comrade Alex reported on community service report we submitted. He just make the point that there seems to be a lot of inflation! Commander LaPoint also reported that he was approached by member wanting to know when we were going to take down past commander pictures who were removed from office. Just food for thought!
- Closing Ceremonies performed and meeting Adjourned by Commander LaPoint at 7:25 PM.