Post Membership Meeting - Jul 14, 2020
Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600 - 817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:00 by Commander Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 12 present, 1 Trustee - Will Campbell) and 1 unexcused – Andrew Plam House Committee
- Petition for membership: Dan Lee White – Vietnam Veteran and Russell Bowlinger – Army – Iraq War. Motion to accept Ray Holland and second by Woody Coheley.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes: 1 Correction Teacher award given to Emma Samson Middle School.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Lorena Beam, second by Joe Harner. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: Jim Davis memorial in Centre, AL on July 26, 2020.
- Committee Reports:
- Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton gave out the National Award EMT at the monthly meeting.
- School of Instruction – 08/01/2020 in Birmingham, AL Post 668
- House Committee – Quarter Master will pay Liquor License on July 31, 2020 in the amount of $1800.00. Hired Daniele Cameron to bartend on Friday nights. The VFW auxillary purchased the post new cooler. Jimmy Bozeman stated need help installing the cooler. Cooler will be installed on July 26 & 27th.
- Received 1000 Buddy Poppies.
- Reading of official Communications: As of May 31st VFW National membership is 98%, statewide membership is 96.34%. Our numbers reflect 103%.
- Unfinished Business: Comcast “Grand Opening” still on hold due to COVID 19.
- New Business: Need to look at contacting AT&T for internet service price. Will look into purchasing a Roku.
- Good of the Order: – none.
- Closing Ceremonies: – Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:06pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting August 11, 2020.