Wilson Parris Post 8600, Gadsden Alabama
Post Membership meeting minutes, Apr 12, 2016
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The Post General Membership Meeting was called to order at 18:01 by Commander David LaPoint.
Opening prayer give the Sr Vice Commander Johnny Holmes. Salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of our nation by all Present.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
16 present, 2 absent, 2 vacated
READING OF APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Cedric Walton, Desert Shield/Storm, Qualified, motion by Holmes/Saunders to accept, passed.
Minutes of March 2016 meeting read by Quartermaster Alex. No corrections made to March General Membership minutes and minutes will stand as read.
- Quartermaster: Report of Funds as of 03/31/2016 was given by Quartermaster Alex and is subject to audit. A Profit/Loss report was also Distributed for current year.
There was a discussion about the SMA Fund raiser conducted at the Post. This was a community service event. No fund were expended. We donated the use of the facility. $2548 donated Glendalin Strong Foundation.
A motion was made and seconded by Noojin/Parker that the report be accepted, subject to audit. The motion passed.
- Door replacement, running out of options, Lowes suggestion followed up on, too commercial for them. Will order $700 door.
- Connect two exterior cameras on front of building, found missing extensions. Will connect soon. Open.
- Smoking area patio/cover. Tabled, but still looking for better Temporary solution.
- Still have not payed dues for 3 members authorized last meeting.
- Some money was expended under the canteen emergency fund to replace broken bar/jucie regrigarator and pool table lamp.
- Comrade Alex requested up to $1,000 for replacement of the entry door, tired of discussing it. Spraley suggested checking with Lowes if they can special order it and save on shipping. Will check that but motion made to approve by Noojin/LaPoint. Motion passed
- Election of Post Officers:
- Commander - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for David LaPoint
- SV Commander - Noojin and Holmes nominated. Paper ballot vote, results reported by Trustee Spraley and Saunders. Holmes 10, Noojin 3.
- JV Commander - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Wilmer Campbell
- Quartermaster - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Steven Alex
- Chaplain - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Maurice Sanders
- 3 year trustee - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Joyce Shelley
- 2 year Trustee - Ed Spraley moved moved from 3 Year
- 1 year trustee vacant, Jimmy Bozman nominated by Holmes - Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for for Jimmy Bozman
- 3 year house - Timothy Smith nominated, Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Timothy Smith
- 2 year house - Wilder moved from 3 year
- 1 year house - Holmes moved from 2 year
- Service officer - Noojin - declined
- Rest of appointees will be made by Commander LaPoint
GOOD OF THE ORDER
- April 24th District 2 meeting, eat at 1, meet at 2
- Dept of Alabama convention, June 2-5, Marriott Birmingham
- Stevenson Post has been closed, they gove up their charter.
- State Commander has resigned, details not known
- Dist 2 is protesting State Teachers awards, they lost our certified mail. Our teachers were not considered.
- Electic wheel chair missing.
Comrade Holmes gave the closing prayer.
Meeting closed for business by Commander La Point at 19:23