Wilson Parris Post 8600, Gadsden Alabama
Post Membership meeting minutes, May 10, 2016
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The Post General Membership Meeting was called to order at 18:02 by Commander David LaPoint.
Opening prayer give the Sr Vice Commander Johnny Holmes. Salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of our nation by all Present.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
14 present, 1 excused, 2 absent, 2 vacated
READING OF APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Minutes of April 2016 meeting read by Quartermaster Alex. No corrections made to April General Membership minutes and minutes will stand as read.
- Quartermaster: Report of Funds as of 04/30/2016 was given by Quartermaster Alex and is subject to audit. A Profit/Loss report was also Distributed for current year.
Balances as of: 2016-04-31
A motion was made and seconded that the report be accepted, subject to audit. The motion passed.
House Committee: Report on canteen operations for previous 4 week since last meeting. Average weekly deposit was slightly more than the $2,000/week range with means we're losing money.
- Canteens sales have dropped over the last two years from $2,500 to less than $2,000
- Canteen Sales Deposit: $6,167.00
- Dance: $136.00
- Pulltabs: $1,147.00
- Total Donations: $3,788.59
- Total Deposit: $8,054.69
- Looking for Band.
- DJ (Johnny) is quiting Saturday night Dance. Will be replace by DJ Danny Fraizer until the band situation is settled
- Buddy Poppy Drive schedule will be posted for Memorial Day. Long discussion on problems in the past about getting volunteers, raind etc.
- Discussion (long!) on work detail to install ramp.
Comrade in Distress:
- Comrade Holland concerned about Billy Parker, we've not seen him in a while.
Reading of Correspondence: Read and discussed latest General Order.
- State Convention June 3-5, Birmingham
- School of instruction in Birmingham in August
- Cancellation of charter for Stevenson and Robertson posts
- Tractor Supply Salute to troops same day as road block, Probably
- Door replacement. Will order $700 door.
- Connect two exterior cameras on front of building. Open.
- Smoking area patio/cover. Tabled.
- We payed dues for 5 members authorized in April meeting to get retention up to 86%.
- Bar Manager at 2760, Karen Entricate passed away at 59. She had been ill and we collect some money before she passed away. The AUX is donating $100. Comrade Alex made motion we donate $100 towards a marker, seconded by Holmes, motion passed.
- Motion made and seconded (alex/sprayley(that post pay Hotel bill for three delegates to state convention ($789), passed.
- Suggestion from that we have a fund raiser for and order and sell T Shirts. Will instruct Bar Manager to order shirts.
- Order Line officer caps, only Will, size 7. May order a few more.
GOOD OF THE ORDER
- Memorable Legacy Membership discussed after being brought up by Comrade Holmes.
- Add to unfinished business on plan to recover some history of post that is on several Life member boards that are located in Post storage.
Comrade Holmes gave the closing prayer.
Meeting closed for business by Commander La Point at 19:08