Post Membership Meeting January 14, 2020
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 1810 by Commander. Chaplain gave opening prayer and all joined in pledge of allegiance.
- Guests: None
- Roll call of Officers: 14 present, 2 excused (Johnny)(Kevin)
- Petitions for membership: Two petitions for membership. 1 transfer and 1 new.
- Reading highlights of the previous meeting: Stood as read. Correction to meeting date made
- Quartermaster Reports: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Maurice, second by Lorena. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: Kevin is having another heart stint. Keeping him in our thoughts
- Committee Reports: Police did confirm our roadblock for May 9 at the Mall. Will try to get permission for Rainbow city in the Fall.
- Reading of official Communications: As of January 1st VFW statewide membership is 87.15%. Our numbers reflect 94%. Push for new membership to get to 100% is important.
- Unfinished Business: Nothing of note was discussed besides talk about what to do with the former Post Commander photos. Talk was made of making digital copies for record and history. The Auxiliary is in charge of this. Ray will help identify past Commanders and we will be helping with digital scans helping with digital scans. Comcast “grand opening” sometime in Spring to introduce Veterans to the computers available to them for job seek and Veterans benefits. Joe has computers programmed and ways to advertise was discussed.
- New Business: Jimmy makes a motion to use up to $500 for Valentine’s day dance at the post. Second by Joe. Motion passes. Jimmy makes a motion to raise the asking price for the building to be raised to $600,000 Seconded by Joe, motion passed. Much more on this will be discussed next meeting. Jimmy makes a motion to give the Auxiliary $2,000 for Buddy Poppy drive from relief fund. Motioned seconded by Philip. Motion passed. Vietnam Veterans Memorial day is March 29 on a Sunday. Danny suggests we do a meal/open house style event at the post. A volunteer committee will be set up and funds appropriated next meeting.
- Good of the Order: 5th Veterans home has been set up in Enterprise housing 150-175 beds for veterans needing care.
- Closing Ceremony: Performed and meeting adjourned by Commander Shelly. Next meeting will be held February 11.
*** Adjutant Andrew Plam