Post Membership Meeting March 10, 2020
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 1818 by Commander. Chaplain gave opening prayer and all joined in pledge of allegiance.
- Guests: None
- Roll call of Officers: All present
- Petitions for membership: 1 Brandon Alexander will rejoin the post after years of no dues. Some potential members may join that know officers.
- Reading highlights of the previous meeting: Stood as read. 1 correction. Will correct and rephrase the minutes of Kevin’s motion.
- Quartermaster Reports: motion to accept by Kevin. Second by Jimmy. Motion carried subject to audit.
- Comrade in distress: Johnny still not doing well. Keeping him in our thoughts. Jim Davis also isn’t doing well. Wheel chair bound
- Committee Reports: Danny and Jimmy presented EMT awards. Those are completed. march 18 teachers award. Rest are pending awards around may. 9am roadblock in front of Gadsden mall. Authorized until 1500. Roadblock November 7 highway 77 roadblock 9am. Will be setting up and getting dates for a Wallmart poppy drive for November. March 29 vietnam veterans day. Danny has spread the word on social media for the Vietnam veterans day. Memebers will do their best to bring other Vietnam veterans. Joe gave an update on the computer room. Everything is set up. Computers, printer etc. still working on April 23rd for the Comcast ‘Café’ opening. We will be inviting representatives of the community. We will need help getting post cleaned up and ready. Date and time to be announced. Jimmy reports that Satarday night karoeoke is going well. The wall will be fixed, Philip volunteers to help. Startin April 1st, we will start closing bar on Wednesday nights. We wont be looking for a new bar tender. Joyce and terry will have 3 nights each week. Not permanent, subject to change. This will be temporary as we lose money keeping the post open.
- Reading of official Communications: Talladega post has closed. June 11 state convention.
- Unfinished Business: None to speak of
- New Business:
- Good of the Order: Nominations for officers begin today, March 10. Vote will be closed next month. Danny brought the “Survivor List” for spouses like life insurance, social security, death certificates, 401K, military retirement pay etc. Forms are ready to go. All very important documents for a surviving spouse. For anyone interested Danny would be happy to help.
- Closing Ceremony: Performed and meeting adjourned by Commander Shelly. Next meeting will be held April 9.
Adjutant Andrew Plam