Post Membership Meeting August 11th 2020
Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:18 by Commander Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 13 present, 1 Trustee – unexcused Will Campbell
- Petition for membership: none.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes: Correction – (1) Quarter Master paid Liquor License. (2) Daniele Cameron hired to bartend on Friday nights. Motion to accept by Danny Thornton, second by Woody Coheley.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Danny Thornton, second by Joe Harner. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: none.
- Committee Reports: Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton stated Buddy Poppy road block date set for 11/09/2020 in Rainbow City, AL.
- House Committee – Jimmy Bozeman stated new cooler installed. 3 copies of 2020 Charter & By Laws available.
- Reading of official Communications
- Unfinished Business: Changing to AT&T.
- Pay Joyce Shelley for 3 copies of Charter & By Laws she purchased. Motion to accept Steven Alex, second by Stacey Garmon.
- New Business: Received offer for the sale of the VFW Post 8600 – offer - $375,000. Counter offer $475,000 still pending. Lowest amount post will accept $450,000. Motion to sell no less than $450,000 by Stacey Garmon, second by Lorena Beam. Danny Thorton asked if we could raise the selling price between $550,000 to $600,000.
- Joyce Shelley – wants officers to contact members of Post 8600 to check on them.
- Need new design for Post 8600 T-shirts.
- 10/08/20 – 10/11/2020 – fall conference in Decatur, AL.
District Meeting – 08/16/2020 in Scottsboro, AL. Joyce Shelley, Jeff Garmon and Danny Thornton attending.
Good of the Order – none.
Closing Ceremonies – Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:31pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting September 8th, 2020.