Post Membership Meeting February 11, 2020
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 1809 by Commander. Chaplain gave opening prayer and all joined in pledge of allegiance.
- Guests: 1 Nathan Green District 2 6073 Commander
- Roll call of Officers: philip
- Petitions for membership: 1 member. Steven makes motion to transfer from 2760 Second by Lorena.
- Reading highlights of the previous meeting: Stood as read. Typo will be corrected.
- Quartermaster Reports: motion to accept by Joe second by Maurice. Motion carried subject to audit.
- Comrade in distress: None
- Committee Reports: Danny received the plaques for all of the teacher and student programs. With certificates for firefighters and EMT. One teacher was also selected by district. Danny wants to set a date for firefighter awards asap. Hopefully within the next month. Danny ordered pins for surviving spouse for Vietnam veteran’s memorial day. Sunday 2-4 at the post March 29 Combat Veterans and Vietnam era veterans. Jimmy made plans with a band to collect door fees in exchange for guests. The damage insurance money has come but we will hold off for now. 35$ a couple for valentine’s day dance for Friday
- Reading of official Communications: June 11 -14 State convention.
- Unfinished Business: Comcast grant for 20,000 is deposited. Veterans computer café is now open. Grand opening should be around Talladega weekend April 23rd. Media and Comcast high ups will be present. 770 241 3861. Joes cell number. Auxiliary has no plan yet for the post commander’s pictures. Will reconvene
- New Business: Jimmy makes a motion to terminate/rescind negotiations of a merge with post 2760 at this time second by Maurice Unanimous vote. 17 votes. 0 nays. Kevin makes a motion to put have the realtor in contract with the property. Second by Maurice. 0 nays.
- Good of the Order: Will asks all members to attend the Valentine’s day Dance and. Doors open at 630. Music starts at 7. Danny also asks members to bring any Vietnam Veteran we know to our event March 29.
- Closing Ceremony: Performed and meeting adjourned by Commander Shelly. Next meeting will be held March 10.
Adjutant Andrew Plam