Post 8600 Membership Meeting – October 8
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting opened by Commander Shelly. Chaplain Sanders gave opening prayer
- Guests: None
- Roll call of Officers: All Present minus two excused. Philip and Lorena
- Petitions for membership: 3 John and Michael Frogden. Jeffery Scott Crossley. Motion made to pass by kevin, Second by Joe
- Reading Highlights of previous minutes: Distributed. No corrections
- Quartermaster Report of income and disbursements: Stood as read. No questions from other members. Danny motioned to pass second by Jimmy. Passed. Subject to audit
- Comrade in Distress: None
- Committee Reports: Patriots Pen and School programs are going along. Teacher nominations will be soon. Buddy poppies for east Gadsden Walmart Nov 2. 9am. November 9 will be Johnsons. Signup sheets available. Roadblock in Rainbow City Nov 16. Nothing from house committee. Joe Harner got the check from Comcast for 20,000.
- Reading of official Communications: Music licensing was discussed in the bar
- Unfinished Business: None. Comcast check was received.
- New Business: 500$ set aside for post Christmas party. Motion made by Steve, second by Kevin
Good of the Order: Christmas party date to be determined. Will finalize next meeting. We discussed sending a letter to members about selling the building. Will discuss next meeting. Motion made by Steve, second by kevin.
Closing ceremony performed and meeting adjourned by Commander Shelly. Next meeting will be held November 12
Adjutant, Andrew Plam