Post Membership meeting – June 11 Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
- Opening Ceremony (1805) Meeting opened June 11, 2019 at 6:05pm by Commander Shelly. Chaplain Saunders gave opening prayer. Pledge of allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: District Vice Commander
- Roll call of Officers: (1810) 12 present, 2 excused. Cmdr-JC, SV-dt, JV-pg, QM-sa, C-ms, 3T-kd, Tt-wc, T1-lb, H3-jb, H2-jh, H1-dt, Surg-kd, Serv-jh, Adj-ap, OD-kd, JA-lb
- Petitions for Membership: (1813) transfer. Dominuiqe ? Accepted. Jimmy
- Reading Highlights of Previous Minutes: (1816) Distributed. No further corrections or additions to minutes and stands as is.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: (1821) Copies distributed. Liquor license is due July 31st.
- Comrade in Distress: (1822) None
- Committee Reports: (1822) School programs have been completed for the year. Awards to teachers and students have been issued. Need new brochures for Voice of Democracy/Patriots Pen for coming school year. October is Vietnam Veteran commemoration with the ANG. Buddy Poppy set for November. Signup sheet for Buddy Poppy posted on the door. Canteen/House Report: Saturday (6/15) 0800 Post cleanup. Spaghetti fundraiser planned for July 27 at the post. 6$ ticket price was discussed. Installing internet tv device to save on the cable bill was discussed.
- Reading of Official Communications: (1843) Read. School of instruction August 3rd Birmingham. New Officers, especially running programs should attend. National Convention Orlando Florida July 19-24.
- Unfinished Business: (1848) Computer room still set aside, check from Comcast has not come. Toilets are almost all fixed.
- New Business: (1850) Unpaid member to keep our numbers at 100%. No amount was set aside, to be determined next meeting at. Motion made and passed to purchase covers for new officers.
- Good of the Order: (1905) Heavy emphasis was put on the situation of the post and our finance issues. About 5 months of cash left to keep the doors open besides CDs. Options: 1)Sell building for a smaller location 2)Do nothing and close 3)Talk to Post 2760 (Leadership) about consolidating. Next meeting will form committee to discuss our options and take action.
Closing Ceremony: (1938) Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:38 by Commander Shelly. Next meeting will be held August 13, 2019
Andrew Plam Adjutant