Post Membership Meeting February 9, 2021
Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:09 by Commander Joyce Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 14 preseånt.
- Petition for membership: Jarred Nathan Cook - Iraqi Freedom. Motion to accept Lorena Beam, second Danny Thornton. Motion passed.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes:
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Joseph Harner, second by Kevin Dehn. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton awards have not been given out at this time. Steven Alex stated he has ordered the plaques. Danny Thornton presented gift certificates to retired teachers that did the judging for the Patriots pen and Voice of Democracy District awards.
- House Committee – Jimmy Bozeman – good on membership. Looking at getting a $5000.00 grant from Home Depot to work on plumbing or roofing project needed at the post. Joey Nichols wants a reunion on March 20th, 2021 for people that used to come to the VFW. Approved Joyce Shelley and Steven Alex to speak to the bank about equity loan needed to repair post if the post does not sell.
- Unfinished Business: Checking on prices for simulator golf.
- New Business: Will Campbell resigned because of comments made during the meeting made by Quarter master Steven Alex. “See entire conversation attached”.
- Old Business: Mutual Assistance Group meet every Wednesday @ 6:30pm at Post 8600.
- Good of the Order: – Next month nomination of officers.
- Closing Ceremonies: – Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:02 pm by Commander Joyce Shelley. Next meeting March 9th, 2021.