Post Membership Meeting October 13th, 2020
## Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
## 817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:10 by Commander Joyce Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 12 present, 1 excused Jeffrey Garmon - 3 year trustee, 1 non-excused - Ray Holland – Surgeon.
- Petition for membership: None.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes: Correction – Joyce Shelley purchased bird bath, benches, Alabama and Auburn stepping stones from a company in Ragland, Alabama. Motion to accept Kevin Dehn and second by Jimmy Bozeman.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Danny Thornton, second by Stacey Garmon. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: none.
- Committee Reports:
- Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton stated Buddy Poppy road block date set for 11/07/2020 in Rainbow City, AL.
- Junior Vice-Commander Stacey Garmon stated she has passed out paperwork to the schools for Patriots Pen, Teacher of the year and Voice of Democracy. Deadline to be turned in October 31st, 2020. Joyce Shelley wants to extend deadline.
- Danny Thornton stated he mailed check from the state to the EMT volunteer fire department winner from Ballplay, Alabama.
- Joe Harner stated CMP will begin again on November 1st -
- House Committee – Jimmy Bozeman – stated beginning January 1st the VFW will need 150 paid members throughout the year.
- Karaoke is averaging 25 people a night.
- Setting up a booth at Mountain Top Flea Market - 10/25/2020 to try to sign veterans up for membership and sell Buddy * pies.
- Currently using AT&T and Roku now.
- House Committee will be reviewing our “By Laws”
- Auxillary turning in charter 10/13/2020.
- Planning for the Veterans Christmas Party
- Reading of official Communications
- Unfinished Business: Woody Coheley needs cap purchased. Need to reimburse Stacey Garmon for purchase of her cap.
- New Business:
- Membership – Need 175 to 180 members at all time.
- We need to really recruit for Life members. 10/25/2020 – setting up at Mountain Top Flea Market recruiting for membership and selling Buddy Poppies.
- Need to purchase VFW canopy – motion to accept Jimmy Bozeman, second by Joe Harner.
- Good of the Order: – Danny Thornton stated no Veterans Day Parade. Veterans Walk will be November 11th.
- Closing Ceremonies: – Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:**24pm by Commander Joyce Shelley. Next meeting November 10, 2020.