Post Membership Meeting November 10th 2020
## Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
## 817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:05 by Commander Joyce Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 12 present, 2 excused Surgeon Ray Holland and 1 Year Trustee Wilmer Campbell.
- Petition for membership: None.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes:
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Danny Thornton, second by Joe Harner. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: Need to check on Wilmer Campbell.
- Committee Reports:
- Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton stated Buddy Poppy road block on 11/09/2020 in Rainbow City, AL was a great success. Thank you to everyone that helped. Received 8 submissions for Patriot’s Pen from Litchfield Junior High School and 29 submissions from Emma Samson Junior High School. Received 4 submissions for Voice of Democracy from Southside High School. 1 Teacher of the Year submission from John Jones Elementary. Judging on Patriot’s Pen and Voice of Democracy will be on November 12th at 4:30pm at VFW Post 8600.
- Fire Fighter and EMT forms given to Doris Jackson. Commander Joyce Shelley requesting volunteers to go to Mountain Top Flea Market on November 15th to set up tent for membership drive.
- House Committee – Jimmy Bozeman stated Karaoke cancelled at this time because of COVID 19. Post Christmas Party will be December 17th @ 6:00pm – 9:00pm. Danny Thornton will make Boston Butt, Kevin Dehn will make Meat balls, Stacey Garmon will make cookies.
- Reading of official Communications:
- Unfinished Business: Need to purchase Woodrow Coheley’s cap.
- New Business: Jimmy Bozeman – members in financial need – 1 Officer approval and 1 member will approve financial need.
- Good of the Order: – No Veteran’s Day Parade this year.
- Closing Ceremonies: – Performed and meeting adjourned at 6:**57pm by Commander Joyce Shelley. Next meeting December 8th, 2020.