Post Membership Meeting January 12th, 2021
Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive Gadsden, AL 35901
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting called to order at 18:10 by Commander Joyce Shelley. Chaplain Woody Coheley gave opening prayer and all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Guest: None
- Roll Call of Officers: 13 present, 1 excused Johnny Holmes – Judge Advocate.
- Petition for membership: Joshua Edward Sims – Iraqi Freedom. Motion to accept Stacey Garmon, second Lorena Beam. Motion passed.
- Reading highlights of previous minutes:
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements: Distributed and read. Motion to accept by Danny Thornton, second by Stacey Garmon. Subject to Audit.
- Comrade in distress: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Senior Vice Commander – Danny Thornton submissions from the first responders received - Fire Fighter, Police Department and EMT.
- Teacher awards and first responder awards have been given to Steven Alex for ordering plaques or certificates. Need to get with Gadsden Police Department to set up dates for road blocks in the Spring.
- House Committee – No report.
- Reading of official Communications:
- Unfinished Business: Woodrow Coheley’s cap received.
- New Business: Received offer on sale of the post - $400,000. Offer not accepted. Committee members to sell Post 8600 formed – Danny Thornton, Joyce Shelley, Joe Harner, Andrew Plam and Kevin Dehn. Joe Harner submitted an idea to have indoor golf.
- Good of the Order: – Tyler Shelley stated there will be a Mutual Assistance Group (MAG) meeting @ 6:00pm on 01/13/2021 at Post 8600.
- Closing Ceremonies: – Performed and meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm by