Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive
Gadsden, Alabama 35901
Post Membership Meeting Minutes May 9, 2017
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting Opened at 6:08 PM by Commander LaPoint. Opening ceremonies conducted. Jr Vice Commander Campbell gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: None.
- Roll Call of Officers:13 Present, 2 Vacant(Tr2, HC1) 2 Excused Chap,Surg,OD).
Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
- Petitions For Membership: None
- Distribution and reading highlights of previous minutes was conducted. Minutes approved as read. Holmes, Alex.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements given and discussed. Small Profit for year. Motion made and seconded (Holmes,Shelly) to accept report, subject to Audit.
- Comrade in Distress: None
- Committee Reports were given and Approved.
- Canteen report given by Quartermaster.
- State Convention June 8th
- May 11th thru 13th Moving wall in Gadsden. They may need help
- ANG reunion set for Oct 28th
- Membership discussion.
- Discussion about Program Awards Schedule
- Next meeting June 13th.
- Reading of Official Communications: General Order #11 was read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. Remember General Orders are available available on the Departments Web Site: http://alvfw.org. School of instruction Aug 4th, 5th
- Unfinished Business:
- Need sign for building for All American and All State award.
- Continued discussion of the possibility of having Bingo. Joyce, Steve and Lorena meeting Jasper Post May 15Th to look at there operation.
- $2000 allocated in November to replace carpet in Canteen still on books
- $750 allocated in December to pay membership for up to 25 members. (8 Paid by Post, 16 remained) Paid 11 more members. Item Closed
- For Sale sign has not been Posted. $74 for 3 x 5 banner
- Finishing up Program Awards
- New Business:
- Motion made by Alex, Seconded by Shelly to donate $500 to the Moving wall. Motion carried
- Buddy Poppy drives (road block) May 19 in front of Post. May 27 on 77 and Steel Station
- Saturday Night dance canceled until further notice due to lack of participation.
- May try Karaoke on Sat and Sun for a few weeks as trial to see what works. Unless we can get 30 or so patrons, neither dance or karaoke is worth it.
- We should look into hall rental
- Equipment in Lounge to do Karaoke in bar (no cost, just bring in members/guests).
- Installed new officers present.
- Good of the Order:Comrade Andrew Plam inquired about our Social meeting Presence. He may have a new job. Comrade Bozeman brought up closing the bar during meeting again!
- Closing Ceremonies performed and meeting Adjourned by Commander LaPoint at 7:15 PM.