Wilson Parris VFW Post 8600
817 Rainbow Drive
Gadsden, Alabama 35901
Post Membership Meeting Minutes March 14, 2017
- Opening Ceremony: Meeting Opened at 6:10 PM by Commander LaPoint. Opening ceremonies conducted. Senior Vice Commander Holmes gave opening prayer and Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: None.
- Roll Call of Officers:13 Present, 1 Vacant(Tr2) 3 Excused (Chap,Serv, Surg).
Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
- Petitions For Membership: None.
- Distribution and reading highlights of previous minutes was conducted. Minutes approved as read. LaPoint, Shelly.
- Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements given and discussed. Shelly made motion to accept report Bozeman Seconded. Passed subject to Audit.
- Comrade in Distress: None
- Committee Reports were given and Approved.
- Canteen report given by Quartermaster.
- Next meeting April 11th.
- Buddy Poppy. May 20th 9-2, 411 at VFW., May 27 9-2 Steel station RD 77
- Reading of Official Communications: General Order #9 was read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion.
- Unfinished Business:
- Need sign for building for All American and All State award. Several members will look into the sign if we can get and example.Updated by Shelly
- Continued discussion of the possibility of having Bingo. Dave and Steve will (eventually!) go to Jasper to see their operation.
- $2000 allocated in November to replace carpet in Canteen still on books
- $750 allocated in December to pay membership for up to 25 members. (Tommy Batson, Herbert Mc Clendon,Jimmie Cunningham,Joshua Hamilton,Robert Garmon,Jedediah Hornbuckle,Richard Benka,Edward Spraley Paid by Post, 16 remain)
- For Sale sign has not been Posted
- New Business: Holmes requested we purchase flags and gold metals. $292.05. Tabled until next month.Homes requested Memorial Day Flags. 144 for $134 for grave sites. Tabled
Nominations of Officers
- Commader. Dave LaPoint nominated by Campbell, seconded by Bozeman
- Senior Vice Commander. Johnny Holmes nominated by LaPoint, seconded by Shelly
- Junior Vice Commander. Will Campbell nomined by Alex, seconded by Shelly
- Quartermaster. Steve Alex nominated by LaPoint, seconded by Shelly
- Chaplin. Maurice Sanders nominated by LaPoint, seconded by Campell
- 3 Year Trustee. Lorena Beam nominated by x, seconded by y
- 2 Year Trustee. Jimmy Bozeman nominated by x, seconded by y
- 1 Year Trustee. Andrew Plam nominated by x, seconed by y
- 3 Year House Committee. Joyce Shelly nominated by x, seconded by y
- 2 Year House Committee. 3 Year Tim Smith moved
- 1 Year House Committee. 2 Year Jeremy Wilder moved.
- Good of the Order: Comrade Holland set letter explaining that he would be moving temporarily moving to Georgia. Since to move is for an undetermined amount of of time, he could not accept serve as a Post or District Officer for the upcoming year.State Convention Jum 8-11, Birmingham
- Closing Ceremonies performed and meeting Adjourned by Commander LaPoint at 7:20 PM.