- Opening Ceremony: (00:00:00)Meeting Opened on Nov 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm by Commander Shelley. Chaplin Sanders gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: none
- Roll Call of Officers:(00:06:36)14 Present, 1 excused(SVCmdr), 1 absent(Tr3). Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
- Petitions For Membership: None
Reading highlights of previous minutes.(00:11:29)
Minutes were read and will be posted on web site later. Add that money was allocatted for Halloween party. There were no other corrections to the minutes and the minutes stand as read/distributed.
Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements (00:23:48)
Copies distributed and discussed. As of today (2018-11-13) we have $43,693.78 in the bank for a $927.78 loss since the beginning of 2018. We did have and over $2000 emergency expense for an ice machine. Received $500 from Guard unit for hall rental (+$250). Hot water heater leaking, band-aid'd. Motion made and seconded (Thorton,Beam) to accepted report, motion carried subject to Audit.
- Comrade in Distress: (00:36:09)
- Commander Shelley reported on Sr Vice Commander LaPoint. Been in and out of hospital with his stage 4 lung cancer and other problems it has caused. Local Doctors are saying there is nothing they can do and is turning him over to Hospice. Dave is considering a second opinion. There was much discussion by the members. The post is committed to help in any way they can. Keep Dave in your prayers.
- Comrade Thorton also reported that Comrade Sonny Boyers is also going through cancer treatment. It has come back and is spreading.
- Comrade Alex also reported the Comrade Gene McBride fell last week at Gadsden Regional and aggravated his hip replacement. We found the owner for the owner of the wheel chair that show up, it was Gene's. He delivered it to Gene and paid a visit.
- Comrade Harner reported that a recent new member Jim Davis is undergoing treatment for lung cancer, his prognosis is optimistic.
- Committee Reports.
Reading of Official Communications: (01:17:47)
General Order #5 highlights were read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. Reiterated that we need to keep our Community Service updated. Membership reported. Mid-Winter conference Jan 17-20 Lake Port State Resort Eufula, reservations by Dec 17th.
Unfinished Business: (01:19:00)
- $712 left to finish floor where the old bathroom was located in the lounge.
- $1000 allocated to replace two doors in lounge.
- All-American sign purchased and waiting for installation, after remodeling decision made .
- Past Commander/Presidents pictures removed form hall. Need to build collage in hallway to restore and archive. National has provided us names of past commanders. Need people from both Post and Auxiliary to try to help identify persons in photo's of past Commanders.
- $1,100 due to Auxillary is on hold until they are stabilized.
New Business: (01:25:00)
- Comrade Homes made motion to allocate $500 for needy Christmas family, Bozeman said will also take donations, Harner seconded. Motion passed.
- Comrade Homes made motion the allocate $500 for Post and Veterans Christmas party. Harner seconded, motion passed.
- Quartermaster Bozeman discussed how we pay for band. We have not used any Sales to pay band, only donations and are doing ok but not great. Comrade Thorton made motion (Saunders seconded) to allocate up to $700 if needed to pay Band through New Years. Motion carried.
Good of the Order: (01:34:05)
- Comrade Holmes discussed how we might be able help Senior Vice Commander LaPoint if he decides to get a second opinion to offset costs. This could be up to $2000 for travel and temporary housing. Membership agreed that this would be handled under our Comrade or Veteran in need mission.
- Closing Ceremonies performed and meeting Adjourned at 6:50pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting Dec 11th, 2018. (01:35:22)