- Opening Ceremony: (00:00:00) Meeting Opened on Dec 11th, 2018 at 6:08pm by Commander Shelley. Chaplin Sanders gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
Roll Call of Officers:(00:07:05)
10 Present, 3 excused(SVCmdr,Serv,HC2), 3 absent(Tr2,Tr1,JudgA). Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
Petitions For Membership:
Reading highlights of previous minutes.(00:09:10 )
Minutes were read and will be posted on web site later. There were no corrections to the minutes and the minutes stand as read/distributed.
Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements (00:11:06)
Copies distributed and discussed. As of today (2018-12-11) we have $41,779.02 in the bank for a $2,812.54 loss since the beginning of 2018. Question raised about Post paying due out of Relief fund. Might have to ask question at Department level. Motion made and seconded (Thorton,Dehn) to accepted report, motion carried subject to Audit.
Comrade in Distress: (00:19:30)
- Update reported on Sr Vice Commander LaPoint by Shelley, Holmes and Alex. Fran reported that Dave is not doing good. Local Doctors are saying there is nothing they can do and is turning him over to Hospice and any thing that need to be done as soon as possible. There was much discussion by the members. The post is committed to help in any way they can. We should plan for what seems inevitable and communicate any status change. Keep Dave in your prayers.
- Comrade Thorton also reported that Comrade Sonny Boyers is also going through cancer treatment. No update. Gene McBride is out and about.
Committee Reports. (00:27.26)
Reading of Official Communications: (00:40:47)
General Order #6 highlights were read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. Reiterated that we need to keep our Community Service updated. Membership reported. Mid-Winter conference Jan 17-20 Lake Port State Resort Eufala, reservations by Dec 17th. Some discussion on who is going to go
Unfinished Business: (00:48:30)
- $712 left to finish floor where the old bathroom was located in the lounge.
- $1000 allocated to replace two doors in lounge.
- $1,100 due to Auxiliary is on hold until they are stabilized.
- Past Commander/Presidents pictures removed form hall. Need to build collage in hallway to restore and archive. National has provided us names of past commanders. Need people from both Post and Auxiliary to try to help identify persons in photo's of past Commanders.
- Motion made by Alex seconded by Holmes to table all unfinished purchase business. Motion passed
New Business: (0:50:00)
- Comrade Homes made motion the allocate $400 from relief fund to pay for annual programs (VSO, V&MS and Nat'l Home) and Patriots Paws. Alex seconded. Motion Passed.
- Comrade Homes requested that we have members submit legislator reports. Thorton will pursue.
- Update on Christmas Children and New Years party by Shelley.
Good of the Order: (01:06:05)
- Nothing other than what was reported on SrVice LaPoint
- Closing Ceremonies: (01:35:22) Performed and meeting Adjourned at 7:18pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting Jan 8th, 2019.