- Opening Ceremony: (00:01:45) Meeting Opened on Feb 12th, 2019 at 6:10pm by Commander Shelley. Chaplain Saunders gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
Roll Call of Officers:(00:04:00)
13 Present, 3 excused(Tr3,OD,Surg). Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
Petitions For Membership:
Robert Freeman, a transfer from Talladega. David W Coach, Former ANG Member. Both qualified. Motion to accept by Beam, seconded by Holmes. Motion passed
Reading highlights of previous minutes.(00:06:45 )
Minutes were distributed/read and will be posted on web site later. There were no corrections or additions to minutes and the minutes. Motion may by Holmes, seconded by Beam to accept minutes stand as read/distributed. Motion passed
Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements (00:07:11 )
Copies distributed and discussed. As of today (2019-02-12) we have $42,145.62 in the bank for a $834.98 loss since the beginning of 2018. Motion made and seconded (Holmes,Thornton) to accepted report, motion carried subject to Audit.
Comrade in Distress: (00:14:10)
- Comrade Thornton gave a positive update on Comrade Sonny Boyer
- Need to check on Gene McBride
- Comrade Dehn wife in hospital
Committee Reports. (00:20:14)
Reading of Official Communications: (00:41:20)
General Order #9 highlights were read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. District meeting Feb 24th Arab
Unfinished Business: (01:17:30)
- Past Commander/Presidents pictures removed form hall. Need to build collage in hallway to restore and archive. National has provided us names of past commanders. Need people from both Post and Auxiliary to try to help identify persons in photo's of past Commanders.
- Question raised about Post paying due out of Relief fund. Might have to ask question at Department level. Someone needs to get answer to question.
New Business: (00:50:00)
- Comrade Alex made motion to purchase a modern POS system, estimated cost of $75 a month. It would reduce much of the tasks assigned to the Bar manager (and reduces pay of manager). Harner seconded. We need to go over terms of contract. (its a 36 month contract, basically $75 a month for remaining months if you quit early). Motion passed if contract accepted by House Committee.
Good of the Order: (00:58:21)
- Closing Ceremonies: (00:59:22) Performed and meeting Adjourned at 8:05pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting March 12th, 2019.