- Opening Ceremony: (00:02:00) Meeting Opened on April 9th, 2019 at 6:06pm by Commander Shelley. Chaplain Saunders gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
Roll Call of Officers:(00:05:45)
15 Present, 1 absent(Tr3). Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
Petitions For Membership:
Reading highlights of previous minutes.(00:06:45 )
Minutes were summarized and will be posted on web site later. There were no corrections or additions to minutes and the minutes. Motion may by Holmes, seconded by Beam to accept minutes stand as read/distributed. Motion passed
Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements (00:10:12 )
Copies distributed and discussed. As of today (2019-02-12) we have $39,435.80 in the bank for a $3,574.80 loss since the beginning of 2018. It was pointed out the most of the loss was due to expenses in the Relief fund. Motion made and seconded (Dehn,Beam) to accepted report, motion carried subject to Audit.
Comrade in Distress: (00:16:10)
- Comrade Sonny Boyer, a member passed about two weeks ago.
- Fran LaPoint has sold her home and moved to Florida
Reading of Official Communications: (00:33:07)
General Order #10 highlights were read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. State convention June 6-9
Unfinished Business: (00:38:30)
- Some discussion on letter received from Department that our Form 990 was late. Our 990 will be send as soon as done (May 9th). Letter will also be sent.
- Past Commander/Presidents pictures removed form hall. Need to build collage in hallway to restore and archive. National has provided us names of past commanders. Need people from both Post and Auxiliary to try to help identify persons in photo's of past Commanders.
New Business: (00:40:00)
- Comrade Harner requested we purchase up to $150 of networking supplies to upgrade our network for the new POS. Holmes motion, Sanders seconded. Motion passed.
- Comrade Harner requested we purchase up to $100 of shelving to put inside the walkin cooler. Motion made (Dehn, Bozeman). Motion passed
- Comrade Harner requested we participate in Patriots association annual fund raiser. We'll purchase sign and pay half or foursome fee. Estimated at $200. Motion made (Saunders,Dehn). Motion passed.
- Commander Shelley briefed membership on a Grant that we are competing for from Comcast to install computers and equipment where Veterans have a access to apply for benefits. This will be managed by our Service Officer (Harner).
Election of Officers (00:56:00)
- Commander: Joyce Shelley nominated by Jimmy Bozeman, elected by acclamation
- Senior Vice Commander: Danny Thornton nominated by Joyce Shelley, elected by acclamation
- Junior Vice Commander: Phillip Garland nominated by Jimmy Bozeman, elected by acclamation
- Quartermaster: Steve Alex nominated by Jimmy Bozeman, elected by acclamation
- Chaplin: Maurice Sanders nominated by Johnny Holmes, elected by acclamation
- Trustee 3 year: Kevin Dehn nominated by Ray Holland, elected by acclamation, Will Campbell moves to 2 year, Lorena Beam moves to 1 year.
- House Committee 3 year: Jimmy Bozeman nominated by Johnny Holmes, elected by acclamation, Joe Harner moves to 2 year, 1 year vacant
- Surgeon: Kevin Dehn reappointed
- Service Officer: Joe Harner reappointed
- Judge Advocate: Lorena Beam reappointed
- Adjutant: Andrew Plam appointed
Good of the Order: (01:11:21)
- Closing Ceremonies: (00:59:22) Performed and meeting Adjourned at 7:20pm by Commander Shelley. Next meeting March 12th, 2019.